Let's just say this tile was anything BUT simple! I have made this design in one color on a 12 x 12 tile and I don't remember any headaches with that one. When shrinking down the design and placing it on an 8 x 8 tile, I ran into all kinds of problems! The fonts were too skinny on just a few of the letters so some of the letters would be literally cut off. Then I changed the width of the problem words but, again, the letters are cut off....I tried changing fonts but couldn't find any fonts that I liked. In the end, it finally worked but I did waste a ton of vinyl in the process! And I also secured the letters with a layer of modge podge just to ensure nothing would be accidentally rubbed off as I was not going to do this sign on this size of a tile EVER AGAIN! : )
I do like how the 2 different colors (burgundy and black) worked on this brownish/reddish tile. It will be placed in a kitchen on a black marble counter top and the kitchen itself also has red accents throughout. I hope they like the color choices anyway or, if not, they will have to be "ok" with a bigger tile for the sign! Realistically looking at the sign you wouldn't expect too many problems but it was just one of those tiles that you just make once!