Welcome to my Website! In addition to creating and selling my products, I love to try new ideas, many of which will be showcased in my blog found on the Home page! Check back often for new blogs and new items I will have for sale! Need something designed but do not see it in my catalog listed under the Vinyl Templates tab? I can custom design nearly anything, please contact me and we may be able to create a wonderful product based on your ideas! -- Cindy

Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater Wall Canvas

A few months ago we repainted my son's bedroom and installed a chair rail.  My son is a HUGE Disney Cars fanatic and still wanted to keep the same theme of Cars that has been in his room for 2 years so we kept a lot of the old decorations.  Even with a chair rail and new paint, the room needed more work, I wanted to spruce things up a bit and found a really neat idea when looking on Ebay.  A person had 1 big picture of Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater together and made 2 canvases by splitting the picture in half.  I loved the idea but did not want to pay the $50 sticker price.  By pure luck I found the exact picture created on fabric at Hobby Lobby!!!!  My husband made the frame and we attached something similar to a backer board to provide support for the fabric and we created one BIG canvas.  It turned out awesome and cost probably $6 in materials and supplies!


The colors of the canvas is so bright that no one can tell it's actually fabric until they actually touch it!  I loved how this turned out!  To finish off this wall, I then added "Tow Mater" and "Lightning McQueen" in vinyl.


In another corner of the room, I added another vinyl saying, in addition to some Disney Cars wall stickers and a Stop Sign.


Here's a better close-up of the new vinyl sign I made:


I could post quite a few more pictures to show every angle of his room but I will end it with one last picture of the main wall you see when walking into the room.  The letters were originally white and now are painted the same blue that is on the bottom half of the room.  The rest of the decorations are the Disney Cars wall stickers.  This room was desperately needing a paint job among several other things, I am so glad we finally finished the room and loved how the new decorations turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, I love your work! I especially love the definition of PLAY on the wall. So cute!

    ReplyDelete