Welcome to my Website! In addition to creating and selling my products, I love to try new ideas, many of which will be showcased in my blog found on the Home page! Check back often for new blogs and new items I will have for sale! Need something designed but do not see it in my catalog listed under the Vinyl Templates tab? I can custom design nearly anything, please contact me and we may be able to create a wonderful product based on your ideas! -- Cindy

Always Kiss Me Goodnight!

This isn't the first time I have created a sign with the saying "Always Kiss Me Goodnight" but this particular time gave me a few unexpected challenges.  This time my client was a teenager who wanted a simple sign with just the saying in a wavy line and in Burgundy to go over her full size bed.  I used the font "blackjack" that I found on the Internet and then designed the sign.

The sign looks simple but was difficult because there is no magic feature in my software that automatically creates a nice wavy line so I had to draw one.  Again, much simpler to describe then to actually do!  When the line was drawn, then I attached the words to the wavy line and stretched it across to 48 inches.  When satisfied with the sign, I then had to "unattach" the line from the words and I was done.  Except for the fact that I only had 36 inches of vinyl and my cutting machine only cuts up to 24 inches wide. 

This is where one's creativity really can play a role as I had to place different "markers" on my software to ensure I kept the curve and spacing in tact then I separated the words out, flipped some around, turned others and finally was able to fit 48 inches worth of a sign, onto 36 inches of vinyl and split it up on 2 separate sheets as my cutter can only go 24 inches wide.  You can see my markers below as these are the 2 sheets of vinyl I ultimately cut out with the "astericks" as my markers.







Finally I was satisfied and finished my sign!  ONLY to find out when I went to deliver my sign....that the teenager had a WATERBED!!!!  I had to try and now re-align everything onto the wall while dealing with standing on a waterbed....I haven't even seen a waterbed since I was in high school which was a LONG TIME AGO!!!!  Please don't think that I help put up EVERY sign I design either....this was a special circumstance!!!!  : )

In the end.....we were able to piece together the sign and the finished product is below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment